The Director at Ten Bridge Communications will be a key leader in all aspects of a rapidly growing, fast-paced startup agency that is working with the leading companies in biotech and healthcare.
We are seeking a highly collaborative, energetic and confident professional who is eager to learn and work alongside seasoned professionals who are recognized leaders in the biotech communications space. We have created a new kind of agency, optimally designed to support the needs of pre-commercial and commercial biotech companies. Our clients rely on us to deliver strategic and tactical support that reflects a deep understanding of the industry. Our services include corporate branding, strategy and positioning, media relations, patient advocacy engagement, social media, investor communications strategy, employee communications, community relations and scientific communications. For many clients we work directly with C-level executives, and always strive to act as a seamless extension of our clients' teams, as invested as they are in furthering their success and mission.
Must-haves for the position include:
• Proven ability to immerse oneself in our industry and the world-changing work of our clients
• Passion for building value for clients in the biotech and pharmaceutical spaces through highly strategic communications approaches
• Ability to lead and inspire a talented staff of motivated professionals at all levels
• Experience formulating successful strategies for and utilizing digital communications channels, including Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
• Strong writing and editing abilities and demonstrated aptitude in adapting writing style to fit a given audience or application (media, web, internal, etc.); proficiency in AP style preferred
• Awareness of industry media and publications, foundational understanding of the news cycle and experience with media outreach
• Fantastic client service skills
• A desire to help build and nurture a culture of collaboration, excellence and growth as we grow the Ten Bridge team and behind-the-scenes company operations
• A creative mind that's very far "out of the box"
Key responsibilities of the Director position include:
• Help to lead Ten Bridge efforts across multiple client accounts, working with account teams to plan and implement the full range of client responsibilities
• Foster highly collaborative long-term client relationships
• Develop content for wide range of client projects, including messaging and positioning platforms, press releases, pitch materials, website copy and investor materials
• Cultivate ongoing media relationships, pitching stories and delivering measurable benefits for clients
• Develop and implement digital/social strategies for corporate, clinical trial recruitment and patient advocacy initiatives
• Help to nurture the career growth and professional development of junior staff
• Highly collaborative contribution to corporate branding and Creative work, including management of external vendors and partnering with internal colleagues
This position offers ample learning and growth opportunities, and the ability over time to assume increasing levels of responsibility for writing and account management. We are located in vibrant Central Square in Cambridge, convenient to the Red Line, commuter rail, a thriving restaurant scene, and many of our clients.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes:
• Comprehensive health insurance benefits
• Contribution to a 401(k) retirement account
• Paid vacation, sick and personal time
• Cell phone reimbursement
Interested candidates should submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.